Length: 4,777 feet
Max Height: 203 feet
Biggest Drop: 144 feet
Max Speed: 67 mph
Ride Duration: 2 minutes, 45 seconds
Capacity: More than 1,000 people per hour on three 16-passenger trains
Special Features: High-speed dives and two inversions, including a unique heartline twist and dive, right on the Las Vegas Strip
Where can you experience towering drops, multiple loops and stunning views of the Strip?
Located on the popular intersection of Tropicana Ave. and Las Vegas Blvd., the Roller Coaster at New York-New York is hard to miss. Set in a perfect postcard shot, its surroundings include a replica of the New York harbor, a 150-foot model of the Statue of Liberty as well as several of Manhattan’s popular buildings. And to make things even more fun, the roller coaster trains are designed like New York taxicabs.
The ride begins with a steep hill, building great suspense and anticipation. Enjoy the aerial view of the south end of the Strip while you can, because before you know it, you’re plummeting down a 144-foot drop. The intensity continues with loops, corkscrews and hills, speeding up to 67 miles per hour.
And if you’re feeling extra adventurous (or millennial), the coaster also has a VR option. Yeah, you read that right, virtual reality. ON. THE. COASTER. Slide on a headset and enjoy 4k resolution video and crisp sound that transforms the ride into a completely immersive experience.
After the ride, you’ll feel surprisingly energized. Don’t forget to stop and see your photo, which is available for sale.
THE ROLLER COASTER AT NY-NY HOTEL & CASINO DETAILS & TIPS
- Age restriction:No Age Restriction
- Location:Big Apple Coaster, New York – New York
- Cost:Please contact the front desk for current pricing.
- Location:Located on the second level inside the New York-New York hotel-casino at the south end of the Strip where Las Vegas Boulevard meets Tropicana Avenue.
- Payment options:Cash, American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa.
- Age/Height/Weight restrictions:You must be 54 inches tall to ride, and no loose articles are allowed on the ride.
- Hours of operation:Main Hours
- Monday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM
- Tuesday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM
- Wednesday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM
- Thursday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM
- Friday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM
- Saturday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM
- Sunday: 10:30AM to 12:00AM